Table of contents:
- Media coverage of Muslims: Introduction and overview
- The tone of Muslim coverage
- United States newspaper coverage of Muslims: Main patterns and group comparisons
- Time and tone: Major events and their impact on coverage
- Is the United States unique? Examining newspapers from the Anglophone North and the Global South
- What do newspapers talk about when they talk about Muslims?
- Conclusions and extensions: Islamophobia, constructing boundaries, and tone-checking the media